Here is a description of some of the safety measures we take at Texas Quiz Bowl Camp:
- The campus is policed by the University.
- The dorm is staffed 24-7 by the University.
- Students are not allowed to leave the dorm complex without a chaperone.
- The exits are monitored. We post someone near the exit until 2 a.m.
- The students are directly monitored by TQBA staff from 8 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Staff members are background checked and trained about safety procedures.
- Staffer rooms are dispersed near all student rooms.
- If there is a disturbance or problem, there is always a staffer nearby for help.
- We check attendance multiple times each day.
- If students are not where they should be we find them.
- Students are roomed with students of the same gender and similar age.
- Students are grouped with students of similar skill and age.