At Texas Quiz Bowl Camp each student will be scheduled to participate in five sessions: study skills, lecture, bonuses, tossups, and discussion. Additional options will be available for students who wish to take advantage of an extra session.
Options for 2017 Session A include:
- Study Skills (Choose 1 or 2**):
- Study Skills: Classical Mythology
- Study Skills: Geography
- Study Skills: Physics
- Study Skills: Military History
- Study Skills: Shakespeare
- Lecture (Choose 1* or 2***)
- American History: Political Cartoons (Flowers)
- Classical Music: Ubiquitous Tunes (Magee)
- Current Events: Groups in the News (Keogh)
- Elementary Geography: Scavenger Hunt (TBA) [grades 4-7]
- Physics: Electricity & Electronics (Romero)
- World History: China and Japan (Escandell)
- Bonuses (Choose 1)
- Popular Culture
- Tossups (Choose 1 or 2**)
- American History I (Flowers)
- Art I (Thapliyal)
- Biology I: Animals (TBA)
- Biology II: Other (TBA)
- Classical Novels (Thapliyal)
- Computational Math (Mindle)
- Computer and Data Science (Ewbank)
- European History I (Huff)
- Popular Culture (TBA)
- World History (Escandell)
- Discussion (Marshall)
*Students are not required to take a lecture. Students have the option of replacing their lecture period with another tossup period.
**Students may choose an extra course (for an additional $75) from either the tossups or study skills categories in place of their regularly scheduled break period.
***Double lectures are available only to students who are registered for both session A and session B. For more information about special options available to student who attend both sessions, please see this link.