At Texas Quiz Bowl Camp each student will be scheduled to participate in five sessions: study skills, lecture, bonuses, tossups, and discussion. Additional options will be available for students who wish to take advantage of an extra session. Please note that all of these plans are not final and may be have to be adjusted.
Options for 2017 Session B include:
- Special Topics (add-on option)
- Quiz Bowl Question Writing (see below for details)
- Masters Potpourri (see below for details)
- Study Skills (Choose 1 or 2**):
- Study Skills: Biochemistry (Huff)
- Study Skills: Middle Ages (Huff)
- Study Skills: Norse Mythology (Maier)
- Study Skills: Opera (Maier)
- Lecture (Choose 1*)
- American History: Political Cartoons (Flowers)
- American Novels: Race, Class, and Money(Magin)
- Philosophy: German Thought (Maier)
- Physics: Gravitational Waves and LIGO (Ugolini)
- Statistics: Theory and Analysis for Quiz Bowl (Romero)
- World History: China and Japan (Escandell)
- Bonuses (Choose 1)
- Tossups (Choose 1 or 2**):
- American History II (Flowers)
- American Literature I (Magin)
- Astronomy (Ewbank)
- Art I (Thapliyal)
- Art II (Thapliyal)
- Chemistry I (TBA)
- Classic Novels (Rowley)
- European Literature I (Maier)
- Thinkers (Huff)
- World Culture (Escandell)
- Discussion (Marshall)
*Students are not required to take a lecture. Students have the option of replacing their lecture period with another tossup period.
**Students may choose an extra course (for an additional $75) from either the tossups or study skills categories in place of their regularly scheduled break period.
***Double lectures are available only to students who are registered for both session A and session B. For more information about special options available to student who attend both sessions, please see this link.